I am an assistant professor at the Department of Mathematics, the University of Wisconsin-Madison. My research area is the field of partial differential equations in the kinetic theory and fluid dynamics. Here is my CV (updated April/2017). Find our active PDE and Geometric Analysis seminar link.
(new) I will give a lecture series for a summer school at USC. For more information link.
Contact: ckim (dot) pde (at) gmail (dot) com
- Formation and Propagation of Discontinuity for Boltzmann Equation in Non-Convex Domains, Commun. Math. Phys, 308, 641-701 (2011) link
- The Boltzmann Equation near a Rotational Local Maxwellian, (S. Yun), SIAM J. Math. Anal., 44, 2560-2598 (2012) link
- Boltzmann Equation with a Large Potential in a Periodic Box, Comm. PDE, 39, 1393-1423 (2014) link
- The viscous surface-internal wave problem: global well-posedness and decay (I.Tice, Y. Wang), Arch. Rational Mech. Anal., 212, 1-92 (2014) link
- Non-Isothermal Boundary in the Boltzmann Theory and Fourier Law (R.Esposito, Y. Guo, R.Marra), Commun. Math. Phys, 323, 177-239 (2013) link
- Regularity of the Boltzmann Equation in Convex Domains, (Y.Guo, D.Tonon, A.Trescases), Invent. Math, 207, 115–290 (2017) link
- BV-regularity of the Boltzmann equation in Non-convex Domains, (Y.Guo, D.Tonon, A.Trescases), Arch. Rational Mech. Anal., 220, 1045-1093 (2016) link
- Stationary solutions to the Boltzmann equation in the Hydrodynamic limit, (R.Esposito, Y. Guo, R.Marra), submitted, link
- The Boltzmann equation with specular boundary condition in convex domains, (D. Lee), accepted in Comm. Pure Appl. Math., link
- Dynamics and stability surface waves with Surfactants, (I.Tice), SIAM J. Math. Anal., 49(2), 1295–1332 (2017) link
- Decay of the Boltzmann equation with the specular boundary condition in non-convex cylindrical domains, (D. Lee), submitted, link