I am an assistant professor at the Department of Mathematics, the University of Wisconsin-Madison. My research area is the field of partial differential equations in the kinetic theory and fluid dynamics.
Here is my Curriculum Vitae (updated September/2015)
Find our active PDE and Geometric Analysis seminar (link).
Contact: chanwoo (dot) kim (at) wisc (dot) com
- Formation and Propagation of Discontinuity for Boltzmann Equation in Non-Convex Domains, Communications in Mathematical Physics, Volume 308, Number 3, 641-701 (2011) link
- The Boltzmann Equation near a Rotational Local Maxwellian, (S. Yun), SIAM Journal on mathematical Analysis. 44, no.4 (2012), 2560-2598, link
- Boltzmann Equation with a Large Potential in a Periodic Box, Comm. PDE, 39, Issue 8, (2014) 1393-1423 link
- The viscous surface-internal wave problem: global well-posedness and decay (I.Tice, Y. Wang), Arch. Rational Mech. Anal., 212, Issue 1, pp 1-92 (2014) link
- Non-Isothermal Boundary in the Boltzmann Theory and Fourier Law (R.Esposito, Y. Guo, R.Marra), Communications in Mathematical Physics, Volume 323, Number 177-239 (2013) link
- Regularity of the Boltzmann Equation in Convex Domains, (Y.Guo, D.Tonon, A.Trescases), link
- BV-regularity of the Boltzmann equation in Non-convex Domains, (Y.Guo, D.Tonon, A.Trescases), link, Arch. Rational Mech. Anal.
- Stationary solutions to the Boltzmann equation in the Hydrodynamic limit, (R.Esposito, Y. Guo, R.Marra), link
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. Psalm 23:1 Talent is cheap! But dedication is costly!