CHANWOO KIM, BOLTZMANN EQUATION, PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATION, KINETIC THEORY, NAVIER-STOKES EQUATION, FREE BOUNDARY PROBLEM
I am a Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics of the University of Cambridge from 2011 with my postdoc mentor Professor Clement Mouhot. I obtained my Ph.D. from the Department of Mathematics, Brown University in May 2011 under the supervision of Professor Yan Guo.
My research area is the field of applied PDE. I have been studying two different types of problems : the Boltzmann Equation and the stability/instability of Free Boundary Problem in fluid dynamics.
Contact: ckim.pde (at) gmail (dot) com
Please find the short version of my Curriculum Vitae.
6. Regularity of the Boltzmann Equation in Convex Domains, (Y.Guo, D.Tonon, A.Trescases), ARXIV (117 pages)
5. Non-Isothermal Boundary in the Boltzmann Theory and Fourier Law, (R.Esposito, Y. Guo, R.Marra), Communications in Mathematical Physics, Volume 323, Number 177-239 (2013)
4. The viscous surface-internal wave problem: global well-posedness and decay, (I.Tice, ; Y. Wang), accepted in Arch. Rational Mech. Anal.
3. Boltzmann Equation with a Large Potential in a Periodic Box, to appear in Communications in PDE
2. The Boltzmann Equation near a Rotational Local Maxwellian, (S. Yun), SIAM Journal on mathematical Analysis. 44, no.4 (2012), 2560-2598
1. Formation and Propagation of Discontinuity for Boltzmann Equation for Boltzmann Equation in Non-Convex Domains, Communications in Mathematical Physics, Volume 308, Number 3, 641-701 (2011)
University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
- Topics in Kinetic Theory, Co-Instructor, Lent term, 2014
- Topics in Kinetic Theory, Co-Instructor, Michaelmas term, 2012
Brown University, Providence, RI
- Introductory Calculus II, Instructor, Fall 2008
- Introductory Calculus II, TA, Spring 2008
- Introductory Calculus I, TA, Fall 2007
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. Psalm 23:1