CHANWOO KIM, BOLTZMANN EQUATION, PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATION, KINETIC THEORY, NAVIER-STOKES EQUATION, FREE BOUNDARY PROBLEM
I am a Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics of the University of Cambridge from 2011 with my postdoc mentor Professor Clement Mouhot. I obtained my Ph.D. from the Department of Mathematics, Brown University in May 2011 under the supervision of Professor Yan Guo.
My research area is the field of applied PDE. I have been studying two different types of problems : the Boltzmann Equation and the stability/instability of Free Boundary Problem in fluid dynamics.
Contact: ckim.pde (at) gmail (dot) com
5. Non-Isothermal Boundary in the Boltzmann Theory and Fourier Law, (R.Esposito, Y. Guo, R.Marra), Communications in Mathematical Physics, Volume 323, Number 177-239 (2013) BEAMER
4. The viscous surface-internal wave problem: global well-posedness and decay, (I.Tice, ; Y. Wang), Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. (online first)
3. Boltzmann Equation with a Large Potential in a Periodic Box, accepted in CPDE
2. The Boltzmann Equation near a Rotational Local Maxwellian, (S. Yun), SIAM Journal on mathematical Analysis. 44, no.4 (2012), 2560-2598
1. Formation and Propagation of Discontinuity for Boltzmann Equation for Boltzmann Equation in Non-Convex Domains, Communications in Mathematical Physics, Volume 308, Number 3, 641-701 (2011)
University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
- Topics in Kinetic Theory, Co-Instructor, Lent term, 2014
- Topics in Kinetic Theory, Co-Instructor, Michaelmas term, 2012
Brown University, Providence, RI
- Introductory Calculus II, Instructor, Fall 2008
- Introductory Calculus II, TA, Spring 2008
- Introductory Calculus I, TA, Fall 2007
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. Psalm 23:1
Talent is cheap! But dedication is costly!