CHANWOO KIM, BOLTZMANN EQUATION, PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATION, KINETIC THEORY, NAVIER-STOKES EQUATION, FREE BOUNDARY PROBLEM
I am a Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics of the University of Cambridge from 2011. I will start a tenure-track assistant professorship at the University of Wisconsin-Madison from fall 2014. My research area is the field of applied partial differential equations.
Here is my short CV
Contact: ckim.pde (at) gmail (dot) com
5. Non-Isothermal Boundary in the Boltzmann Theory and Fourier Law, (R.Esposito, Y. Guo, R.Marra), Communications in Mathematical Physics, Volume 323, Number 177-239 (2013) BEAMER
4. The viscous surface-internal wave problem: global well-posedness and decay, (I.Tice, ; Y. Wang), Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. (online first)
3. Boltzmann Equation with a Large Potential in a Periodic Box, accepted in CPDE
2. The Boltzmann Equation near a Rotational Local Maxwellian, (S. Yun), SIAM Journal on mathematical Analysis. 44, no.4 (2012), 2560-2598
1. Formation and Propagation of Discontinuity for Boltzmann Equation for Boltzmann Equation in Non-Convex Domains, Communications in Mathematical Physics, Volume 308, Number 3, 641-701 (2011)
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. Psalm 23:1
Talent is cheap! But dedication is costly!